3 lbs. Mussels, cleaned and debearded
2 large Leeks, chopped
1/3 lb. Pancetta, diced
1/2 lb. Bulgarian feta, crumbled well (drier feta works better in this dish).
1 cup chopped Parsley
1 cup Dry white wine
1 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsp. Butter
1) Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
2) Add pancetta and cook 5-8 minutes or until crisp.
3) Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon. Add butter.
4) Once butter is hot, add leeks. Saute 8 minutes.
5) Add 1/2 cup parsley, pancetta and wine. Simmer 2 minutes.
6) Increase to high heat. Add mussels, cover, and steam for 8 minutes.
7) Add feta and parsley. Stir several times, then serve.